At Curiosity Atlas, we love exploring new places, trying new things and getting our hands dirty with cool, new people. Our next destination: whole fish preparation with I Love Blue Sea.
When was the last time you cleaned a fish? And I don’t mean rinsing a fillet under water. Do you know what to look for when picking out a whole fish? And what to do with all the extra parts? We’re right there with you.
We’re excited to have Fishmonger Matt and his team from I Love Blue Sea show us how to poke, prod, clean and fillet fish for maximum respect for both our taste buds and our oceans. They truly love all the fish in the sea, and educating us about wise seafood choices is at the heart of their mission – plus, they make a mean stock.
This workshop includes:
- a whole, sustainably-caught fish to process during class and take home
- a filleting knife and tips for wielding it.
- detailed, hands-on guidance on how to select, clean and fillet fish
- tips on how to prepare the fish and use all the left-over bits
- an overview of sustainable fishing practices and issues
- and fish to sample during class